Estate Agents
Portsmouth Letting Agents

Sales and Lettings in Portsmouth and Southsea

Tenant FAQs

Are bills included or separate?

It is common practice for the tenant to pay utility bills and council tax, unless otherwise stated. If you are a student you are exempt from paying council tax (upon proof of status in full time education).

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is paid by standing order per calendar month. This is set-up upon signing your tenancy agreement. Tenants are responsible for cancelling the standing order at the end of tenancy, The Property Xperts Ltd do not have authorisation to do this on your behalf.

Who holds my deposit?

Your deposit is registered and safeguarded by My Deposits and held securley in our seperate client account. My Deposits are a Government authorised Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme.

What happens if something goes wrong in the property?

If we fully manage the property on behalf of your landlord then you will need to contact us directly to report the problem. If your landlord manages the property then you will need to call them; however contact numbers will be given on the day that you move in so you can contact your landlord/landlady directly.